IQAC – GOVERNMENT COLLEGE FOR WOMEN
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation, and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, institutions need to channelize their efforts and measures towards promoting holistic academic excellence including the peer committee recommendations.
The work of the IQAC is the first step towards the internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement initiatives.
Its success depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation in all the constituents of the institution. It will not be yet another hierarchical structure or a record-keeping exercise in the institution. It will be a facilitative and participative voluntary system/unit/organ of the institution. It has the potential to become a vehicle for ushering in quality enhancement by working out planned interventionist strategies by IQAC to remove deficiencies and enhance quality like the “Quality Circles” in industries.
IQAC – Vision
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the College through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
COMPOSITION OF THE IQAC
- Chairperson: Principal, Dr. Chandni Sam S.P
- Coordinator: Dr. Dinesh Babu K.V
- Members: Vice Principal, Dr. P.S. Devakumar, Dr. Umajyothi, Dr. Anisha G.S., Dr. Bessy Raj, B. N., Dr. Sreejith V.,
- Dr. S. Rajoo Krishnan (Officer on Special Duty, New Initiatives in Higher Education, Govt. of Kerala,), Prof. K.Lalitha (Deputy Director [Rtd.], Dept. of Collegiate Education, Govt. of Kerala), Vice President, PTA (member from the local community), Dr. Mary Dorothy, A., Dr.Gangadevi (Alumni), Padmasri G. Sankar ( Industrialist),
- College Union Chairperson (Student representative).